Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It's been a month - today is Tuesday.

And today is the first time I have even looked at a blog - let alone written on one.  Needless to say, life has been busy packing, packing, and packing.
Hubby and I and another couple went to Cabo earlier this month.  I have always wanted to go to Cabo, but maybe my expectations were too high.  I love Mazatlan, but Cabo was just a little to "Westernized" for me.  I didn't feel safe to walk on the beach at night.  It was noisy.  Everywhere.  All the time.

  We still had a great time and my new favorite drink is a mojito (can't believe I hadn't tried one yet!)  Unfortunately, the last few days of my trip were bad.  Tuesday we were supposed to go on a dinner cruise, but the weather was stormy and it got cancelled.  We rescheduled for Thursday.  Wednesday was overcast and windy, but the weather was good by Thursday.  Unfortunately, I woke up feeling a little sick to my stomach.  Since this is a common occurrence
 for me, I didn't think much about it.  Well, to make a long story short, I ended up with a fever, terrible Montezuma's Revenge, low BP, dehydration and landed in the hospital on Friday morning.  Fortunately, the hospital was very nice and clean.  Unfortunately, they did not want to let me leave and I had a plane to catch.  I figured that if I was going to be in a hospital, I would rather do it in CA than in Mexico.   In Mexico (or at least where I was) when they don't want you to leave, they just keep stalling.  No one says "Hey, we're not letting you out of here!"  Nope.  It's "Oh, the doctor is in surgery"  "Someone is on their way with your paperwork"  "You must show us you can eat before you can be released" (This was a challenge since I hadn't eaten since Wednesday and it was now Saturday.)  Finally, I had to get dressed and walk out the door before they would get my prescriptions and give me a bill.  Unfortunately, the bill was over $2000 and I had to pay it before I left (I was afraid of those notorious Mexican jails!)  Apparently, I had an amoebic infection and am still battling it unfortunately, but feeling MUCH better.  So now, you can see why I have no desire to go back to Mexico any time soon - hahaha!

On the other hand, I have been super anxious to sew.  Every time I look at my machine I want to stop everything and get to it!  Well, yesterday, I was trying to mend a quilt for my son .  As it turned out,  it may not be worth mending.  I discovered this after putting on about 10 patches and realizing that it probably needs about 20 more plus a new binding.  This may be going to the homeless shelter.  Anyway, during the process of this, my machine decided it needed to go to the hospital!  So, I guess after ten I will take it in to the shop and remove the temptation from myself.  I keep telling myself "There will be plenty of time to sew after you move"  but there really won't be.  School starts the second week in August, which means I have to be there the first week.  I am determined to find a way!!


Vicki said...

Glad you are feeling better. Doesn't sound like a fun holiday.

Linda L said...

Wow! Sounds like a trip of fun and not so much fun. Glad you are on the mend.