Today was Day 2 of the Closet bootcamp. (More information at The Capsule Project) The focus for day 2 is dresses, skirts, pants and shorts. (this does not include workout wear) I can't believe how exhausted I am from doing this!! Here's my method
- Pull everything out from the closet, dresser, and anywhere else and lay it on the bed in piles. Each pile is a category such as dresses.
- Take a picture of the huge pile
- After everything is out of my closet, I wash down the closet rods* and wipe off all of the hangers. This makes me feel so happy to have these things CLEAN
- Pick up each item individually and ask myself a few questions
- Do I love it?
- Is it too dated?
- Is it too worn?
- Do I want to see it again next season?
- Does it serve a purpose (example: I have a few items that I wear when I go to Uganda and no other time.)?
- Do I really love it?
- If I really love it and want to keep it, it gets folded on the bed. If not, it goes in a bag to go to the thrift store, or it goes in the trash.
- Put away the clothes I am keeping
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp Dawn or Castille liquid soap
- 1 tsp olive oil
I have admit, it's really hard to get rid of some things. I have some beautiful silk blouses, brand new jeans, and a few other things that just don't fit any more. It makes me sad, but if I ever get back into a size 6 I will celebrate by buying new clothes!