Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This one's for Adrienne

Last month I made the tie front blouse from the Feb BWOF. At the time, I also purchased some green chiffon-like fabric to make the same blouse. I did make a short review of the collar, but only part of it. Adrienne asked for some help on making the blouse. I figured that as long as I was going to get out the issue and re read the directions, I might as well make blouse #2. I am posting a picture tutorial as well. I am not very far yet, but hope to finish this evening.


Last night I was trying to find this green fabric and realized I had not written down which box I put it in. As I started looking through my boxes, I thought, "THis is ridiculous! I have TOO MUCH FABRIC" Now, I wouldn't mind having too much fabric if I had a dedicated area to store it all. I actually like all of my fabric (well, ok, there were a couple of things that made me wonder...) Anyway, I decided to cull through the stash and get rid of at least one box. It took me most of last evening and part of this morning, but I am taking over 62 yards to the goodwill on my next trip over to that area. This is what 62 yards of stash looks like. It sounds like it would fill more than 2 large Victoria's Secret bags, wouldn't you think?









Anyway, I still have over 17 boxes like these left! I better get A LOT of sewing done pretty soon!

6 comments:

kbenco said...

Wow, goodwill will be happy with you. What a great fabric stash, and I am not sure if I mean the give aways or the stay at home boxes. I am trying to sew from my stash as well, but more fabric keeps sneaking in!

Adrienne said...

So much love right now lol. The collar instructions had me going crazy! LOL

Melissa said...

Look at you cleaning out your stash - yay! Doesn't it feel good to purge? :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a box for good will to, but no where the size of yours! Wow, is Good Will going to be happy!

Christina said...

I love shopping for fabric at Goodwill - thanks to people like you!

Thanks for taking the time to make the tutorial; maybe one day I'll get around to using it...

Marji said...

oohhhhh, nooooo.
hopefully I can catch you before your trip to Goodwill.
Call them and find out what they do with fabric that is donated. Around here, it goes immediately to the shredders - cellulose pulp for recycle.
It's why the last clean out I did, when I got rid of 50+ lbs of fabric, I put a notice on Freecycle. Someone came and picked up all of what I had and she'll use much of it and give away the rest.
Craigslist is another good choice - amazing how many people are on the lookout for fabric on Craigslist, And the local school theater dept's are sometimes grateful recipients.
OK, now I can go read the rest of the blog post.