I needed a diversion from my jacket so I made this dress yesterday. I have a full review atPattern Review I bought the fabric for this dress months ago, but had a hard time finding a ring for the belt front. I think there are a lot of fun things you can do with the belt. I have seen this style of bow several times in the curren Marfy catalog, and might try something like it on this dress. I really like the collar on this Marfy pattern and may have to order it.
I also have some navy fabric with white polka dots that I would like to make this dress out of. I lined the orange one with broadcloth, and since the fabric itself is a little heavy for cotton, the broadcloth makes kind of a heavy dress. It feels pretty comfortable on though, so I guess it was a good choice. I did cut the lining away at the neckline under the facings.
**You can click on any of the pix to get a better view.
The dress was a little short, so I also added a hem facing made from the lining fabric.
I finally figured out how to sew the lining to the zipper without having to do it by hand.
So, I have to say I am pleased with the finished product. I know I will wear this dress to work often.
Thanks so much for all of your comments and messages regarding my jacket. I plan to "tackle the beast" later on this evening. I'll keep my progress posted.
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Posted by Nancy Winningham at 2:35 PM