Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The race is over

I was participating in PRs pattern stash contest, but have decided that contests aren't for me. I don't want to have to try to complete projects that I can get done quickly rather than taking my time. I did get a few things done, though, and that was the main reason I entered the contest. Since my last post, I did finish my daughter's dress.


I wanted a nice summer skirt, so I looked through my Burda WOF cataloges and found this skirt in the February 2007 issue

. The fabric was a cotton from the quilting section at JoAnns. Oh, how I wish for a better fabric store here. I guess I will have to make a trip to Los Angeles and try to find some good ones there. If only I had a sewing buddy who would like to go with me.

1 comments:

Sharon Sews said...

I agree that it would be nice to have a sewing buddy to fabric shop with. I think the same thing at times, but I fear that by shopping with another sewing enthusiast I'd purchase way more than I should!