Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'm doing something different today


Although I am ADD in most areas of my life, in sewing, I like to do a project from beginning to end. OK, the ADD part is that I leave everything out everywhere and keep looking for whatever it was I JUST had in my hand. But, I never cut out the next thing until I'm finished with the one I'm working on (unless I'm cutting more than one thing from the same fabric)

Well, today I am going to cut out at least 4 things, and more if I have time. Maybe this will help contain my messes and keep me from running from my sewing room to the dining room. I'm sure my family wonders what our dining room table looks like - it's been so long since they've seen it!

These things don't really go together, but they go with other things I have. In keeping with the pattern stash reduction theme on PR, I'm using older patterns from my stash that I haven't tried yet.

The Simplicity pattern will be made of the yellow and white tulip fabric. I am making the skirt the model is wearing. I bought this pattern many years ago and I can't believe it, but, it is still in the current book! Do people still wear elastic waist pants and shorts? Anyway, the skirt will be an easy to wear addition for my hot summer wardrobe.

From the NL 6382 I am making the off the shoulder top in the lavender knit. Funny thing about that fabric. I had ordered a purple and white dupioni from Fashion Fabrics Club last summer and lavender interlock is what I got! I double checked the order numbers and found that they had two fabrics with the same code, but different letters. I called them to ask them to exchange it (their error, not mine) and they couldn't get what I was explaining and insisted that this is what I had ordered. They must have had a broken link on their site because I never even looked at the knits. They told me that I would have to pay return shipping and a restocking fee! I was furious, but figured it would be cheaper to just keep the darn stuff and so now I will make this out of it.

I have some cute black and white cotton (in the wash for its second prewash right now) to make the other New Look blouse. I will be making the sleeveless scoop neck. And I also have some other white on white fabric to make the McCall's blouse. I want to make the sleeveless one, but I haven't decided how I will change it up yet.

Right now I have white thread on my serger,so I'm trying to cut everything that will go with white! I also have some black linen that I would like to cut a jacket and city shorts out of. Also, stretch twill in navy and another cut in teal to make either capris or pants. We'll see how much I get done (or distracted) today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, and I thought I was the only one doing 3 or 4 things at once.

Anonymous said...

I really like the fabric you chose for the skirt, I really like the slit in front.
The New Look in the lavender is a real nice choice too, I have been eying this pattern, but didn't know if my shoulders have become to aged for that look, although it is a a good neckline on me.
looking forward to seeing you in the top, In fact in all of your new wardrobe!