Friday, April 27, 2007

My machine is going to the hospital



I guess I've overworked the poor thing and it's going to have to go in to the repair shop. It sounds like the needle is hitting the bobbin casing, so maybe the timing is off. I'm going to ask if they can give me a loaner.

Well, I got almost everything cut out except the lavender top, but I forgot that there was another top that I did cut out. Also, I'm going to wait on the black and white top for the swap if theyy have it.
Yesterday I finished the skirt and the KS top that I didn't post before. Both were quick and easy. I'm glad I got them done, because I don't know how long I'll be without a machine. I also added the chain weight to my jacket. I'll post pictures of a couple of other things I've made this week as well. I only have about a week left of sewing and then I have to go back to work. I finally get this cervical collar off on May 7!

This is the capri jacket by Loes Hinse for Textile Studios. I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it. I'd like to do it again in a drapier suiting.

I also made this little purse from the same pattern as the orange dress. I really like it, but it doesn't open far enough. I will have to take down the side seams a bit to make it open more. This one is going to my daughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to get that skirt pattern, I love it!
Can't wait to see the lavender top made up.

You have been really sewing up a storm, that's for sure..
If you lived closer I would let you borrow one of my machines.
I always keep one or two handy for repairs or topstitching. One Christmas I had my Janome sewing and embroidery machine , my White embroidery only machine both doing embroidery, while I was sewing up other things on another machine...I love machines and sewing...I have been good for a couple of years now, and not bought any more machines..except for a vintage Janome, that the mens group at church auctioned off for a fundraiser..I got it for $50.
Glad you will be free from your collar soon...
and I hope you can get a loaner machine.

Linda said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I took my SM to the repair shop and used a $100 klunker until it came back. I thought I was going to give up sewing forever. I will count the days with you and let up hope that it is a very speedy return.