Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hong Kong finish tutorial- vogue 8208 jacket



I finished my jacket, which is the last piece in my "core" travel wardrobe. I am liking the linen more now and finding that it looks better after being washed a few times. I have a complete review at Pattern Review
I also completed my first attempt at doing a photo tutorial and used my photo album at Picassa to do this. Tutorial

There is an arrow at the top of each picture and directions below. Click on the arrow to go to the next step. I haven[t yeat figured out how to move this to my blog directly without copy and pasting each step. For some reason, blogger is not letting me add pictures right now, so I'll have to try again later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Nancy,
Just found your blog following the link in your PR profile (add the link to your reviews!) Thanks for the tutorial on the hong kong seam finish, very clear and helpful.
Reading through your profile and blog I see we share a few things: I also started sewing seriously again last summer (at least for myself, before that I only sewed for my children, but as they are growing up, their want for clothes sewed by me is decreasing fast). Also I do not have friends that sew. In the Netherlands where I live sewing is not something very many women do any more. But I like to sew as a distraction from my work, to keep my mind elsewhere (I'm a computer programmer).
I will certainly continue reading your blog. Thanks for sharing.
Sigrid

Elaray said...

I've never done a hong kong finish. It looks fairly easy. Thanks to your tutorial, I just may try it!