Thursday, November 27, 2008

FSG 1960 Cardigan

I finished the cardigan to my "twin set" this morning. I had orignally decided to make these sleeves long with cuffs, but after realizing how little stretch the fabric had, I changed them to 3/4 length. I'm always pushing my sleeves up, and the cuffs would have been too tight to do that.

This is what it looks like on the inside. The fabric looks like it is "bonded" so the back is solid black.



In the picture above, I am wearing it with the matching top underneath, which was made from the Christine Johnson Basewear 2 pattern. The more I wear these "Razor Sharp" pants, the more I don't like them. I just don't like pants that are baggy in the back of the leg, unless they are full all over. I bought some wool yesterday, and am going to try to make a different pair of pants. One of my favorite pair of pants seems to be a pair of Simplicity pants I made about a year ago. I don't have a good picture of them, but I think I'll try those again.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Nice twinset. Should get lots of wear out of that. Good luck with the next pants.

Shannon said...

Your twinset looks great - very chic!

Elaray said...

Very nice! It looks perfect for cooler California weather.

Birgitte said...

That is beautiful, Nancy. Casual sophistication, and the colors are perfect- well done!

Diana said...

This is really nice!I made a long cardigan like that last winter with long sleeves and I'm always tempted to roll them up because,like you, I don;t really like long sleeves.