Thursday, November 06, 2008

EC Blouse- S2938

I finished my second garment in the EC (Endless Combinations) contest. It is Simplicity 2938 made from a polyester charmeuse. This fabric wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be to work with. I probably would have gotten this done in about half the time if I wouldn't have made so many mistakes. Mostly I had problems when stitching on the bias tape and not catching it on the underside. Other than that, everything went pretty well. Yes, the best thing about making something you've made before is that the fitting part is already done! I do like the blouse, but it kind of poofs out in the center front. There are more pictures here. If I ever do make this again, I will probably try it as a dress.



Next up? I think I'm going to try some black pants from the Hot Patterns Razor Sharp pattern. I know Nancy K has had great success with these and I've had the pattern for a long time, but not tried it yet. Pants can be a scarey thing sometimes. I'd really like to get this pattern to fit well so that I can have a good TNT pants pattern.
Now, looking at this pattern illustration, take that model, cut her legs off just below the knee, and add feet. Yep, that's about what they'll look like on me. Oh, and add some width at the hip and thigh, that ought to do it.

7 comments:

cidell said...

Yes. But, doesn't the line drawing make you want super long and gorgeous legs??

Meg said...

I have this same pants pattern so I'll be eager to see how you like it. I'm thinking of making my pants out of doubleknit....

Alana said...

At first I thought you were joking about cutting her off at the knee, but you're right! That's exactly where feet would go!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha!!!
Yup, that pretty much describes my body too, although, maybe cut it off higher than the knee, I'm only 5'2"

Birgitte said...

What!!! I thought they came with the pattern!

Your top is beautiful, and your bias skirt has made me study up on the subject. I'm in the muslin stage of a dress, all thanks to you, so; Thank You :))

Nancy K said...

I understand that they still haven't corrected the very bad and backwards instructions on the zipper. Go over to Sigrid's tutorial blog, and look at Kay's terrific tutorial on a fly front zipper on a faced pant. I think that you will be pleased.

MareeAlison said...

Nancy, your new blouse is very pretty. Re the pants, would any of us buy the patterns if they had us short folk on them?? Her legs are a tad unrealistic.