Friday, December 14, 2007

SNF - moving along

I stayed home from work today because I was too sick with a silly cold. I slept most of the day. But during the few hours that I was awake I did make some progress!

Here is a picture of the lining that I cut out the other night. This fabric is printed in panels, so there are pattern interruptions throughout. I decided to put this one on the sleeve where it wouldn't show.















Today I sewed all of the vertical seams, trimmed, pressed, and topstitched them. (OK, I also ripped out a couple of seams a couple of times each where I had made mistakes!) Here are the outside and inside pictures.











I'm wondering how we will do the shoulder seams since the lining and fabric are sewn together almost like an underlining, but with finished edges. Also, I'm wondering how the shoulder pads will fit under the lining.

There will be no more lessons until Monday, so I'll have to wait. I can make the pockets and sew them on. I hope I'm feeling well enough this weekend to do some sewing of Christmas presents. I really need to get busy on that and was counting on this weekend to get a lot done!

Enough blogging for tonight. I'm off to get some NyQuil and meet Mr. Sandman.

5 comments:

Summerset said...

The lining is really beautiful! I hope you're feeling better soon. There is nothing worse than trying to teach and feeling awful. You did the smart thing and stayed home rather than spreading it around.

Elaray said...

You're making great progress! I love that lining! You'll feel happier everytim you put on the jacket.

kasizzle said...

Hope you feel better!

Tany said...

Looking good! I hope you'll be feeling better very soon!

Anonymous said...

Incredible workmanship, as always. I am anxious to see your final jacket!! Very impressive.
Hopefully, you are feeling better too!