Thursday, December 06, 2007

Just when you think...

Just when you think you've got it all figured out, something comes along and changes everything. well, that something came in an email from Nancy Erickson today. Somebody came by her shop and dropped off about 3/4 of a yard of the exact fabric I needed. She is sending it to me tomorrow. Now I will have enough to do the 1945 - but I won't have it in time for the class to start. And, the lining I have will not be enough for the 1945.

OK, plan B - or is it up to about "Q" by now? Anyway - last year I made this skirt. I love this skirt. I love the fabric. I lined it with pink Ambiance and love that too.














THe only problem is that I don't have any jacket that goes with it. I had about a yard left over, but not enough to make a jacket. I ordered more fabric to make a jacket last year and was going to make the HP Miss Money Penny Prim and Proper jacket. I had started making it in a black basketweave linen. Well, that pattern was such a fiasco for me, I finally ended up throwing my half sewn jacket in the trash. (The sleeves were WAY too narrow and at the time I couldn't figure out any way to save the jacket. I probably could do it now, but not worth the effort.) Anyway, my brown and pink herringbone has been sitting in Box C just waiting to be reunited with it's other half. Maybe it's time for a reunion.

If I use the McCalls 5149, I think it will look good with the skirt, and I can still use my brown and pink silk charmuese lining.

7 comments:

LauraLo said...

Great skirt, I love it! Love the way you chevroned and matched the stripes. This skirt deserves a matching jacket

Unknown said...

What a beautiful skirt! So feminine.

Kitty Couture said...

I am sorry! Hélène, my sister, came over to check her email and apparently she forgot to sign out from her Google account! LOL

Vicki said...

Cute skirt! It is good to get orphans matching friends!

Chicago Sarah said...

Oh...love the skirt! Please can you tell me what pattern? :)

Ariane said...

That skirt is great. What pattern did you use? I have a plaid that I would really like to try for a skirt.

Nancy Winningham said...

This skirt is from the BWOF October 2006 issue. It is number 112b. What is interesting is that the back yoke wraps around to the front, so the side seams stop at the yoke. I wish BWOF showed line drawings of the back view, because they often have interesting details.