Monday, December 10, 2007

How To Wear a Hat



1. Get a great looking hat
2. Put it on your head.
3. Look in the mirror and say "I look great!"
4. Go out and get compliments all day long.




I love hats. I've found that the best hats for me are the "bucket" style, or anything with some kind of brim. This balances out my narrow face and wide hips.

A week or two ago I saw this cool video on how to make a hat.

I loved it and thought it looked like fun.

I wore this hat out to lunch today and got many compliments. I'm going to post directions because I found I needed more information than what was in the video.


Many thanks humble bumble bee! You've given me another great hat inspiration.

You can see more pictures here

8 comments:

Chicago Sarah said...

You've got flair- it looks great!

Elaray said...

How cute! I've discovered that some people can wear hats (like you) and some people just can't (like me).

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful hat!!
I never go out without a hat in autumn and winter. Even to go to the PO across the street.

You look great with your hat. :)

Maureen said...

Great hat, and you definitely can pull it off Nancy, I loved the one you wore to lunch last week, very chic !!!

kasizzle said...

I love hats! It looks great on you!

Tany said...

It's gorgeous! I love hats too!

C. Dishmont said...

I love the hat! I need to try one. Is that a regular wool felt? Or did you use something special?

Nancy Winningham said...

I think it's a blend, but mostly wool. I just got whatever they had at JoAnns. I also got some "army green" to make another one and I think that one is 100% wool.