Today I cut out the muslin for the Mc Calls jacket for the flip and stitch class. When I put the muslin on, it felt like it fit pretty well, but just a little snug in the bust. Well, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words! I cut a size 12 and did the following adjustments: I have already lowered the shoulder 1/4", and increased the side piece by 1/2 inch at the bust. I also narrowed the shoulder by about 1/4"
ETA: I did take out each of the front and back side seams by .25 inches and what a difference it made. The whole jacket shell hangs better. I then took in the upper back by 1/4 inch on each center back seam. I'm hoping to put the sleeves in tomorrow to get a better idea of the overall fit.
I can see the following fit issues:
1 I need to increase the bust more
2. The waist is also a little to tight
3. The jacket needs to be about 1" longer
4. The upper back looks too big - but I need to put in the sleeves before I decide to cut that down.
5. Do I need a sway back adjustment - or do I just need to increase the hips a bit?
6. If I do do a SBA, do I just shorten the CB or also the SB seams? (there are no side seams on this jacket, it is a separate side piece.)
7. I think the neck fits OK
(I'm using the brown wool herringbone that matches the skirt I made from Oct 06 BWOF)
Saturday, December 08, 2007
Posted by Nancy Winningham at 5:41 PM