Thursday, July 05, 2007

Off to Mazatlan


Well, this will be my last post for awhile. We are leaving at 4am tomorrow for LAX, then off to Mazatlan. This pic is of the resort we are staying at called Torres Mazatlan. I called Verizon today and I will have no cell service there. No cell service and no internet access. I'll probably be in withdrawal all week! My son is going to drive us down (3-4 hour drive) and pick us up, so that will be nice. I'm sure he's thinking this will be his prime opportunity to have the keys to the BMW for a week! I'm already missing my sewing machine and was daydreaming today of how I could pack it and a few projects to take with me. I don't think DH will go for that!
Why is it that whenever you plan to go somewhere everything falls to pieces? DD and serious BF broke up and DD is heartbroken. Last night around midnight, the garage door broke and jumped the track. We can't fix it. We can't close the garage door. We are trying to get someone out today to get it fixed for us! I'm looking out my bedroom window and notice that there is a beer can on my front lawn. Hmmm.... Well, at least no one can call us while we're gone, so whatever happens - we won't know until we get back!
Oh, I almost forgot. We had a great day yesterday. My brother's band played at the festivities in the town where I teach and we were able to go with our good friends Steve and Maureen to spend the day in the park. It was a blast. My friend Maureen is a great photographer. She snapped this candid of my brother with my new digital. We had to try it out.
Well, hope you all get a lot of sewing done this week - Hasta la vista...

3 comments:

Ariane said...

Nancy that resort looks wonderful! Have a good and safe trip!

Elaray said...

Have a wonderful, safe, restful vacation. Godspeed

Unknown said...

I jumped over here to see what you are up to... and you are off galavanting in a far away land! I'm so glad for you!! Have a wonderful trip :)