Monday, July 02, 2007

Another New Toy

Today my friend, Maureen, came over and we did a little camera shopping. My poor old camera has served me well, but I'm having to edit all pictures now because it is overexposing everything. Also, many times I have to hit the shutter botton 2 times before it will take a picture! Some of the shopping was a fiasco, but finally, I ended up with this HP. It is very cool and has tons of features. I hate that you have to charge a new camera overnight before you can play with it, but I am patiently (?) waiting until tomorrow.













I have also done a little sewing this weekend with my new machine. I have been making passport/boarding pass bags for DH and myself. DH's is finished, but mine is not quite done since I had to go buy some ribbon for the strap. I had some trouble when I turned the first one inside out and it crinkled the plastic covering on the ID window. I think this time I will put a credit card in the slot and baste it closed before turning to prevent that from happening again.












Also, I have been working on my dress and it is coming together. I lost the directions, so I know I am putting it together all wrong on the inside, which basically just means that I'm having to do more hand sewing. I think it will fit. All I have left to do is the zipper on the side and hemming the skirt and lining. I want to finish this dress so that I can take it on our trip. Did I say "TRIP"? Yes! We are going to Mazatlan for a week, leaving this Friday. We have been there once before and I absolutely fell in love with the city. Of course, we went in December that year and the weather was perfect. It will be quite hot and humid this time of year. Also, we are staying at a different resort this time called Torres Mazatlan, which is about 10 miles outside of town. It is on the beach, so it should be fun. I'll have to post pix when I return.

0 comments: