Saturday, July 21, 2007

Contest Deadlines loom


Only a few days until the end of two contests at PR that I need to finish. I'm usually driven to complete these kinds of things, but now am trying to decide which one, if either, should I finish. I like the one pattern contest more than the wardrobe contest and would rather finish that one. However, the wardrobe contest has a sweet prize - $300 gift certificate from Textile Studio Patterns. Realistically, though, there are a couple of wardrobes I've seen so far that have much better chances of winning than mine. Also, I think that you have to really be active on the boards to compete, and that board is too overwhelming for me. I can't keep up with it. I can probably get by by completing only a couple of more things, but the main thing I wanted to make on that contest is the Jacket, which I have not started yet. Also, the shirt that I was making out of my inspiration fabric is anything but inspiring. I may just go to JoAnns, buy some more (If they still have it) and make something else. I think contests are too difficult for me. I think I would rather jump around and make this, and then that, or whatever feels right at the moment. I think planning too much spoils my creativity. I liked the whole planning part of the wardrobe contest, but now I am sick of it! LOL
Best Laid Plans: I had planned on sewing for half of the day yesterday and all day today. What did I get done? A big fat zero. I've had a terrible migraine since I woke up yesterday, and I can't even read or talk like that, let alone sew. Today, I discovered a wonderful thing: SHIATSU. A friend suggested that I get a massage, which I had already thought of, but usually it takes several days to get in anywhere. She told me about this shiatsu clinic that takes walk-ins. Andy and I went there this afternoon (when I was finally able to drive) Man, did it HURT. Not all the tine, but it was one of those things that you know hurts, but will make you feel better. After about 20 minutes, I felt human again. When it was over, my headache was gone - and it hasn't returned yet! Praise God. I will definitely go back - soon. I may be sore all over tomorrow, but don't care as long as I don't have a headache. Maybe I can even get some sewing done after church.

0 comments: