This weekend I had a date with my sewing machine and I was able to keep it! I did get one thing finished and another started.
I made up this top from BWOF 7/08. I had made it once before, but this time I omitted the zipper and pockets. I also did a slight forward shoulder adjustment. Everything else I left as before, except this time I made it the original length and last time I made it shorter. This is the first time I have made a garment out of silk charmeuse. I have used it for lining a jacket, but that's different. It's amazing that a fabric that is so fluid and lightweight can still have so much body!
I used french seams to finish the inside
and lined the yoke with silk habatoi. I think that a slightly heavier weight habatoi would have been a little better, but this seems to be working fine for now.
I also really wanted to do something with that last top I made because I just couldn't stand seeing it go to waste, so I decided to cut open the neckline, shorten the sleeves and add trim. It's still not my best look, but at least I will wear it now. I still think I need to change the buttons. I have some ivory/off white buttons I think will look better.
|From Summer 09|