Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Since I am doing the stash contest on PR, I decided I better find something in my stash to use. I originally bought this cotton fabric to make another dress with a really full skirt. Most of the fabric I have is in smaller cuts; not enough to make a maxi dress. This fabric has more than enough.
I'm calling it a madras / seersucker combo. Andy is throwing a retirement party for me this Friday night, and I figured this will be the perfect dress to wear. (If I finish it. If it fits. If it looks good)
I worked on this almost all day yesterday, but still have some things to finish up. Right now it is pinned together. This dress is a lot of work. Each bodice piece is interfaced and lined. That includes 2 bodice fronts, 2 bodice backs, 2 straps, and an underbust band. Also, those straps are a pain in the you know what to put on. They are very steep curves and you are putting them onto a straight piece in the opposite direction. Not fun. Especially since I altered the top, many of the dots and notches did not line up.
I happened to be checking out some reviews on PR and linked through to "Sewn by Ashley"'s blog. She is hosting a Maxi Dress Sew Along along with That's Sew Amy, so I'm in. Perfect timing!
I will post more pictures later!!!
(Gotta go. DH wants to watch a little TV together. It's too darn hot to do anything else.)