Monday, September 08, 2008

McCalls 5664

I finished the blouse tonight. There were a couple of issues with this blouse, but they were easy enough to correct. The main thing was the hem problem that I

noted in my last post.























You can see the placket here, and I think it turned out pretty well. Again, the main thing here is to mark well.
























The collar has a band, but mine didn't lie as well as I would like. I think it stretched a little out of shape. My fabric was so fine, that I probably could have used a light weight interfacing on the band and the facing instead of just interfacing one.
















I really like the sleeves because not only is the bottom band a separate piece, it has a separate facing as well. This would be fun to do in a contrast color.

I'll try to get a picture of it on me tomorrow, since I plan to wear it to work.

7 comments:

Mits said...

Hi,
I cannot say it will suit you or not, but it is looking at fine.

===================================

sahil
nitishrocks

Mits said...

Hi!
In the photograph the blouse is looking attractive. It is made up of good fabric.

===================================
Simran
nitishrocks

Summerset said...

Oh, I love it! It's so classy and elegant made up in that fabric. The placket looks perfect and I know you will, too when you post of pic of you wearing it.

paco peralta said...

Nancy .- I love this blouse. very clean and elegant, really greetings, Paco

Nancy K said...

Looks beautiful

Myra said...

Neat one, I didn't get that pattern but have a Simplicity that is similar. I have never done a collar like that before, but there's always a first time...

Tany said...

It's a beautiful blouse, well done!