Tuesday, July 12, 2011

M5586 for me this time


I loved my daughter's top so much, and since the pattern was already on the cutting table, I decided to make one for myself. This version is made out of a rayon crepe. The print is pretty busy, so I used a solid rayon/linen blend for the yoke. I like the contrast.

There were a few things I did differently on this one. I cut the yoke a straight 10 on this one, but left the body back an 8 and the front a 10. I did not have to do a FBA since it is so full in the front, but I did widen the hips out a bit. I did not use the "maternity adjustments" that I did on Grace's top :-)






On this version I used bias tape to finish the armholes and















used the blind stitch function on my machine to do the hem.













Yesterday was my birthday, so my son Nick came down from Fresno and we all went out to our favorite little place for Teppanyaki. We had a great day.
Uh,, you can't tell that these two are brother and sister, can you? I think they're gorgeous, but I AM a little biased!





4 comments:

Linda L said...

You top is very pretty and summery. Your son and daughter are gorgeous! Looks like a great time was had by all. Happy Belated Birthday!

Lori said...

Very pretty top. Looks like you had a great birthday dinner. Your children are gorgeous.

LindaNan said...

I pulled out this pattern to start it tomorrow. What type of bias tape are using?

Nancy Winningham said...

On the first version I just turned it under and stitched. On this one I used pre-packaged poly/cotton bias tape. Using a bias strip of self fabric would also work well.