Friday, September 24, 2010

Bianca top

I've been working on this Bianca top. I love the fabric which is a rayon jersey. I made this without prewashing, allowing for a little shrinking in length. I did prewash a test 4X4 inch square, and it only shrank in length. Let me tell you, it was SO much easier working with this knit without it being prewashed. The edges didn't curl and it had more body, so it was easy to work with.

I was not happy with the neckline on this. You can't really see it in the picture, but I feel like it did not fit right for some reason. It fit better today than it did last night. Must have been the different bra haha! I decided last night that I would cut off the neck and do it over. I wanted to get a picture first so I could ask your opinions on the before and after. since I cut off the already hemmed neckline, this was a total removal of about 3/4 inch. I think I like the way it looks better now, but I've looked at it so much now that I'm not sure if I can tell if there is a difference or not. I'd like to make it again, so I'd like to know what you think about the neckline and which is more flattering. Also, next time I will widen the arm a bit and lengthen it about 2 inches

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that the change to the neckline definitely makes a difference. The top looks a bit uncomfortable in the first picture due to the too-high neckline. The revised neckline is much more flattering.

ChristineB said...

I agree - much improved with the wider/lower neckline.

Little Hunting Creek said...

The second neckline is more flattering (you could even go a little lower if you wanted to)
Very pretty!

neighbourhood.gal said...

The neckline is definitely better now, but I would shorten the sleeves (or add a fabric band to the ends). Currently the sleeve length ends right in the middle of your torso which visually chops you in half. (At least when you stand with your arms down at your sides.)

Nancy Winningham said...

I agree! Next time the sleeves will either be about an inch shorter or 2" longer.

MareeAlison said...

I really like the fabric too. The changed neckline is much more flattering, particularly that you made it wider. I agree with Little Hunting Creek that you could have cut it even a little lower. It looks much better now. :)

Linda T said...

I like the wider neckline best. More flattering IMO.

gwensews said...

I like the scooped neckline also. It was a good style decision.

sdBev said...

I like the new neckline, but I think you really do need to add ease to the sleeves. They look too tight and uncomfortable to me.