Today after work I got to do a little sewing. I sewed the front bands, collar and made the sleeves. The collar is unusual but beautifully pieced together. The bands and collar are sewn to the neck edge and finished with a bias strip.
I finished one sleeve, but still need to finishe the other one. The hem is just turned up and zigzagged. I used an overcast stitch instead of a zigzag. There is also a casing for the elastic, which is made of self fabric and stitched on.
All I have left to do now is add the elastic to the other sleeve and set both of them in. Next, I'll make the buttonholes, sew on the buttons, and be finished - yay!