I have been cutting and fusing for the last three evenings. I took this picture last night of the pieces I had fused so far. Each of these is a double layer. That's a lot of cutting and fusing!! I love the fusible underlining that I get from Nancy Erickson. All of the pieces that are not interfaced are fused with this underlining. It is just enough to help the boucle hold its shape, and keeps it from raveling all over the world. Tonight I cut the underlining for and fused the center backs, side backs and side fronts. Finally I am finished with that part!!
The first thing you do in this patter is to make the welt pockets (if you choose them over patch or inseam pockets. I decided to make a practice one first. The instructions in this pattern were so easy and clear, that it came out almost perfectly the first time. (I say almost, because you can see a little bit of my stitching, but I was using contrasting thread for practicing anyway. This wouldn't show if I were using black.) Unfortunately, the beauty of the welt pocket is kind of lost on this fabric, but I wanted to do it this way anyway. The green stitching you see is the whipstitching that holds the pockets closed during construction. It will be removed (in the real one) after construction is completed. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to sew one seam :-)