Things have really slowed down here. I have been sick since last Thursday and spent the whole weekend and most of the last two days in bed. Today was my first day back to work. I did get a little sewing done - HOWEVER; I should know better than to sew when I am sick. I was making the lining for this jacket and totally screwed it up - multiple times. I finally threw it in the trash! Well, today I went to JoAnns to buy some more lining fabric, and as providence would have it, they had a much better color than last time. Originally I was going to use navy, but now I have the perfect turquoise to match the jacket. I may get a little sewing done Sunday afternoon. This is my progress so far. I still haven't decided on the buttons, and therefore, have not finished making the buttonholes. I'm leaning toward the ones on the sleeve at this point. Thanks for all of your input - it was about 1/2 and 1/2 between this blog and burdaenglish I think I want to be able to wear this jacket casually and the covered will be a little dressier.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Posted by Nancy Winningham at 7:45 PM