Yesterday Hot Patterns hosted the event "Sew Something Saturday." Even though I didn't have any HP patterns in my near-future-line up, I decided to participate. I looked through my pattern collection and decided to go with the Gypsophelia, which is a free download at Fabric.com. The pattern calls for 2 yards of 60" fabric, but I was able to make it work with 1.5 yards and I think mine was only about 55 inches wide. I wasn't able to match the pattern, but since this is an uneven pattern, I'm not sure I could have matched it without using double the amount of fabric - and I'm too frugal for that! I used a rayon challis, which seems to be my favorite fabric to wear these days.
The sleeves are also gathered and finished with binding. I am going to cut my binding off and re-do the bottom of the sleeves. I like the treatment, but although I used the measurements as given, mine are too big and fall down below the elbow. If I have some black FOE, I will use that to finish the sleeves. I am also going to re-do the hem because I did a lousy job at 10:00 last night and I know parts of it will come undone and fray.