Wednesday, November 23, 2016

It's time for SWAP

Every year I want to do the SWAP, and many times I fail to complete it.  (I have actually finished by the deadline once or twice.)  This year I think I have a plan that I can actually complete.  The SWAP officially begins December 26, but between now and January 12, I will be busy sewing for my trip to Uganda.  Then I will be gone until February 5, so my start date will not be until the middle of February.  I will try to get 2 items completed before I leave - and hopefully these items will make it into my suitcase for Uganda!  It's hot and humid there, so cool clothes are definitely what is needed.

On the other hand, it is cold here now and long sleeve tops are what I really want to make.  I'm afraid that will have to wait until I return from Uganda.

So the rules for the SWAP are pretty flexible this year.  You can see them here.  This is the plan that I have come up with that I think will work for me.


I have 2 "overs" - a purchased cardigan and faux leather jacket
3 bottoms - knit skirt, woven pants, and stretch jeans
6 tops - 2 blouses, a shirt, and 3 tees.  I may change the tee pattern, but I'll do a test one first.

The patterns I'm using are
Silhouette patterns Max's jacket
Simplicity 1253 - for 2 blouses
TSW Now and Zen - linen shirt
Loes Hinse Ascona Pant (and I'm adding the pockets from the Oxford Pant
Jalie Stretch Jeans
and Christine Johnson's Basewear Two  knit skirt.
I've chosen the Jennifer Stern Tee shirt pattern, but since I have never made it, I may substitute something else if I don't like the way it looks.

But for now, it's time to start making the apple and pumpkin pies!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Looks like a great plan. Hope you get to sew it up.