A few years ago I bought the Ann's Cardigan and top from The Sewing Workshop. (Well, I probably bought it on Pattern Review)
I bought this pattern to make the cardigan, and I still want to do it. I was looking for a pattern to use a for a high-low tank, and ran across this in my pattern stash. It wasn't what I was looking for, but decided to give it a shot. I had some pink rayon knit that I've never known what to do with, so I used it to try this out.
I probably needed to go down a size in the neckline because it seems a bit shapeless on me. The pattern is designed to have unfinished edges, but I decided to do a shell finish edge on the neckline. My sewing machine has a stitch that does this, so that made it easy.
On this version, I left the tails unfinished, and I like the look.
The whole reason I picked this pattern was because I had something in mind that I wanted to do with a woven. Unfortunately, this took some extra work and the result was not as good as I expected. I turned under the edges twice all the way around and stitched them down.
This top may work with a belt, but it won't work for the combination I had in mind. The fit came out OK, but if I were to do this again in a woven, I would need to do a major sway back alteration, or maybe start the slits up higher. Also, I would like to find a better way to clean finish the edges of those points on the hem. But, with all the sewing projects I have lined up, I don't see that happening. If I make this again, I will stick to a knit.