I'm not normally a fan of polyester dress fabrics, but I really liked this poly charmeuse and knew it would be perfect for this dress. The pattern is McCalls 6277 I decided to go with the V neck and the sleeveless version for my first attempt. The dress is completely lined and super comfortable. One thing I'm going to change (OK, two) is the armhole. I need to make the front narrower above the bust so that the armhole is not cutting into my arm. I also need to lower the bust point about 1" I've made adjustments on the pattern, so we'll see when I make the next version. Since I really don't know pattern drafting, I'm never quite sure when it comes to making this type of adjustment.
This dress has a side zipper and I liked the way it was put in. It was super easy and I like it better than having one at the back. The top of the zipper always bugs me at my neck, whether I use an invisible zipper, use a hook and eye, or not. After I wear this dress for a day, then I'll see if it bugs my arm hahaha!
Only a few days of vacation left and lots of sewing projects. I'm going to the outlet center tomorrow, so there will be no sewing since that is an all day trip. I'm hoping to make another dress out of this pattern for Easter, and Emma's Easter dress by Friday. If I get those done, then I have lot's of other projects I want to get to.