I made this top out of this blue cotton before cutting the dupioni for the swap, and I'm glad I did. Unfortunately, I don't like it.
1. I usually start with a 10, but this is a 12. I tried to make it smaller in the shoulders, but I think my alterations are off a little. I plan on making it out of the black and white fabric, so, maybe cut it a little bigger in the side seams.
2. It's too short - I can lengthen it next time
3. The trim is crooked - That was just basted on by hand (except for the ends) so I should be able to adjust it.
4. My DD hates it - OK, I didn't make it for her.
5. I'm not crazy about the fabric or color
6. It just doesn't seem to fit right. I wore it last night and it kept wanting to ride up - I felt like I was tugging at it too much. This must be a fit issue, but I'm not sure what. It wants to ride up and I could take about 1/2 of the top of each shoulder. The problem is, I do not have a high bust, so Iwould have to lower that, which makes the pattern exactly as it is now. I seem to have this problem on fitted dresses. They want to gap out like the shoulders are too high or too big.
7. I think the upper back is too big, but there isn't enough ease across the middle back and bust. I either need to widen the back or make a bigger FBA in the front
Sooo - What's wrong with this top?
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Posted by Nancy Winningham at 6:49 AM