Well, I figure I better blog this before I forget what I've done! Grace came home and I had her try on the dress. It is WAY too big. According to her measurements, she should have been a 12, so that's what I cut out. I ended up taking one full inch from each side seam tapering down to 1/2 inch at the waist. Also, I had lengthened the bodice by about 5/8 inch, but did not need to do that, so I had to alter that too. I also took 8 inches off the length. Of course, she's not available for any pin fitting, so I hope it all fits. If not, I'm throwing it away and not making anything else for her. It's not that she's hard to fit, it's just that she's not that cooperative. It took me three days to get her measurements so I could make the pattern, and then she wouldn't let me take them in her underwear. sheezh... Part of the fit problems are that the rayon is stretching out of shape. I will let it hang overnight before I hem it.