It's time to start sewing for spring, and this means I need to have a plan. I've decided to follow the guidelines on the SG site for the Spring 6 pac. Here is the outline:
- one jacket or cardigan in a neutral colour
- a second jacket or cardigan in a second neutral or a colour
- a skirt or pants in the same neutral as 1
- a skirt or pants in a second neutral
- a top in a print mixing neutrals or neutral and colour
- a top in a neutral or your colour
The legs are constructed by sewing the side seams first and then top stitching them (kind of like jeans.) Then you sew the inseam and put the pants together. All I have left to do tonight is to put in the elastic and hem them. Of course, I think I will have to cut about 4 inches off the bottom before I do. The pants are long enough to cuff, but this rayon fabric has been "growing" and will hang overnight before I put in the final hem.