Monday, August 17, 2009

NL6681 pants

I can't believe I finally got into my sewing room and got to finish something! Since school started (actually before that) I have been so consumed with work that I have not even had time to sew. I think I started these pants a month ago and I'm glad I finally finished!
I really like these pants and think I will make them again.

I really like the fly construction on these. It was pretty time consuming and there was about a million and ten pieces, but I think it gave a good result

Actually, everything was pretty different in this New Look pattern. The construction was unlike any other pants I have made before. The pockets and the fly are done first. The waistband was in two pieces (left and right) and each pant leg was constructed separately and the waist band and facings were attached to each side before the crotch and center back seams were sewn. This was great because it allowed me to really adjust the fit at the waist after the waistband was attached.

They're a little "bagged out" at the end of the day now, here's the pix anyway.

The pockets were also constructed a little differently, and I like the way they look.

Yeah, this is me at the end of a long day. I think I am a little delirious