In less than 6 weeks I will be taking off to Uganda again. For anyone new to my blog, this will be my fourth year going into the slums and villages of Uganda to teach women to sew. I am excited about the new opportunities God will give me this year to encourage these incredibly strong women. Several of you have asked, "How can I help?"
- Pray for me and my team. Conditions are going to be, well, uh, shall I say "challenging" this year. We are staying where there is no plumbing, no running water, and no electricity. (I can go without electricity, but I really like a toilet!) Pray that we would have good health and good attitudes.
- Pray for the women we will be working with. There is, of course, the language barrier which makes teaching challenging. Pray for their health and willing hearts. Their circumstances are beyond most of our realms of imagination.
- Financial Support. Our trip will cost close to $3000. Each. My 25 year old son is going with us this year to give medical and physical therapy support. He will also be helping with any kind of manual labor that needs to be done, and there is always plenty of that! Since he is a starving college student, we will be covering his expenses as well. We have raised part of our support, but are not even half way there yet. Last year many sewing supporters gifted me with financial support in increments from $5.00 up to several hundred dollars. Please consider sending a gift. Every little bit helps and adds up fast. Donations can be made in several ways.
- Pay pal - probably the easiest. My email address is nwinning at gmail dot com. Donations can be sent directly to this email address through paypal.
- Directly to International Messengers. If you would like a tax deductible receipt, make your check to International Messengers and include a note that the donation is designated for Nancy Winningham (or Nick Sanchez, my son)
- Mail a check to me. Many expenses are incurred after we arrive. Purchases like fabric, machines, and supplies are much cheaper there, but we pay cash, so the money sent to IM does not cover this. (It does cover air fare and camp costs though)
- Would you like to go? You might be praying about whether or not this is something that God would want you to do in the future. I plan on doing this for many more years, so let me know if you are interested in learning more.