About 2 years ago I made these pants and have worn them to death.
I decided to make another pair, but this time the longer version. I also made these out of wool. The last pair were super big in the back, so this time, I took out about 2" from the back side. There is still plenty of room. I like the first pair a little better and that could be due to one of three reasons
- the first pair was the short version and therefore have a different shape. Showing the ankle is more flattering with this style pant
- the first pair were fuller in the back, which changed the drape of the pants. Also the first pair was a poly rayon blend, but these are wool and actually have better drape than the first pair.
- I'm much fatter now!
Well, all of that being said, I really do love my new pants. They are unique and were very fun to sew since they have unusual seaming and details. Not a fast pair of pants because of all of the top stitching, but I was able to put them together in 2 evenings.
Here you can see the pocket detail. The side front pants leg is made in two parts. The front/bottom part folds under to create the pocket facing. The upper/under part makes the back of the pocket.
Another little detail is the darts at the knee. Just keeps it interesting I think.